You might feel slightly overwhelmed at the thought of having your picture taken all day, but we promise to guide you through the whole process, from the location of your engagement shoot to the layout of your album design. You’ll have a friendly, relaxed, unobtrusive photography experience and will receive a collection of fresh, modern images that tell the story of your wedding.
At some point before or after booking you will probably have some questions. Below are a few of the ones we get asked most frequently and our answers to them:
- If you decide that we are the photographers for you then we will send you a booking form and contract to complete. We will also ask you for a non-refundable booking fee of 50% of the agreed price (the rest 50% is due approximately 1 month after your wedding day, just before sending your order to print). Once we have this then your date is secure so no chances of us being double booked!
- We like to plan! We do this to take all the pressure away from you on the day so you can concentrate on enjoying the time with your family and friends. As a result we complete a couple of forms with you. One will be all of your timings so that we can work around you and make sure we are in the right places at the right times. We also ask you for a list of the formal shots that you would like so that we can put these in an order which minimises the time it takes to do them. From experience there is nothing worse than the group photos taking forever!
How soon after the wedding do we get to see our images?
- Your photos will be ready approximately 4 weeks after your wedding day (sometimes sooner). Your online gallery will be set up first and the link and password sent to you, so you can start sharing the photos with your friends and family. The gallery has a secure shopping facility, so prints (or downloads) can be purchased through it.
How many photos do we get to choose from?
- You can, on average, expect roughly 350-500 images on your viewing gallery from a full days wedding coverage and about 30 or so from an engagement shoot.
What is an engagement/pre wedding shoot?
- A pre wedding or engagement shoot is a great way to get used to being in front of the camera, if you’re a little camera shy. It’s a chance to get some lovely, relaxed photos of the two of you, and if you have children you can include them in the shoot and make it a real family experience. There’s no pressure with this shoot, its a very relaxed and fun experience. We can photograph at your favourite place or choose to do something that’s special to the two of you. You will get the final edited images on the USB as high res files, so if you want to use them for a save the date card or wedding invitation. You will also receive a custom designed 12×12 inch Guest Sign-In book of 26 pages.
Are you insured?
- Yes, as a professional photographers we have public liability and professional indemnity insurance, as well as insurance for all our gear.
What areas do you cover? Do you travel?
- We are based in Oundle, Northamptonshire so cover the whole of The Midlands and we happy to travel all over the UK to photograph weddings.
We aren’t really comfortable in front of the camera and don’t want to feel like we are being posed!
- This is completely fine, and more common than you probably think! We don’t like fake reactions in photos and overly posed formal shots either. How we work is to just be there, to watch and to anticipate those moments that you actually want to see in your photographs. There will be times when you won’t even notice that we are taking your photo. We will do a small bit of directing but it will be very relaxed, the aim being for you to react naturally, be comfortable and have fun! After all, it is your wedding day and you want to enjoy your time, not end up feeling stressed about the photos.